View Single Post
Old 05.21.2007, 11:09 PM   #796
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks jico. That looks good. Here's another jacked from a blog. But, I figured you all yould be interested

The Blue Note Years, Vol.5- The Avant Garde 1963-1967, 1999, Blue Note

Much of the artists featured on this compilation are free jazz and fusion oriented, but these songs are showcasing their less discordant music. This is still top-shelf jazz but with a more straight-ahead sound to please people who love adventurous music with more of a traditional jazz feel. Plenty of out-of print songs are featured on here such as Grachan Moncur's "Monk in Wonderland" and "Thandiwa". It features a great cross section of the true masters of free jazz such as Ornette Coleman, Eric Dolphy, Sam Rivers, Don Cherry and Ceil Taylor. I look at this record as being a gateway to some of these artist's more experimental work. Give it a listen and let me know what you think.
Disc One
  1. Larry Young- The Moontrane
  2. Andrew Hill- Black Fire
  3. Andrew Hill- Siete Ocho
  4. Jackie McLean- Frankenstein
  5. Jackie McLean-Kahlil The Prophet
  6. Tony Williams- Tomorrowow Afternoon
  7. Sam Rivers- Luminous Monolith
  8. Grachan Moncur III- Thandiwa
Disc Two
  1. Eric Dolphy- Hat and Beard
  2. Grachan Moncur III- Monk In Wonderland