View Single Post
Old 07.31.2008, 07:56 AM   #54
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I will defend the noise scene to its death. The most supportive, open minded, friendly, cooperative, mostly unpolitical scene out there. Of course, that's mainly because its small and makes no money.

Noise is a very difficult genre to rank the quality of, as far as releases go, I think that's it's biggest downfall. I just try to listen to stuff that compels me.. obviously.. but I certainly don't understand how certain groups who keep doing the same bullshit (Wolf Eyes) are popular when forward-thinking noise artists who strive to keep doing different and interesting things get overlooked.

Me and EveryN were talking about this a while back but there's basically 5 steps to being a successful noise artist.

1 - Play live and break your equipment or do some other kind of assholeish thing so people talk about you.

2 - Release about 500 releases on 500 different labels in the course of a year... it doesn't matter what they sound like. Just get 'em out there. Make sure 200 of those releases are splits and make sure another 250 are all under about 40 minutes and on tape.

3 - Have some gimmick, some image, something people can talk about. You know how Sunn (who isn't noise but it works) had vocals recorded in a coffin? That's what people talk about!

4 - Make sure your releases are limited to like 5 copies each and packaged in the most ridiculous ways possible.

5 - Be everyone's scene friend.

THERE, INSTANT NOISE SUCCESS!!!!!!!!

I kid.. but only a little bit.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|