View Single Post
Old 04.26.2006, 05:04 PM   #33
darthblav
little trouble girl

darthblav ain't too shabby
I am still fired up for the new PJ album. I use to be a huge fan back in the day, but I kind of grew out of them. Reading the comments, I agree on alot of them.

The sell out thing is always tricky. I do remember seeing them back in 1995 for under $20 at summerfest in milwaukee, they are coming back again and tickets are like $75. Grant it, we probably can say that they are playing with Tom Petty, who probably is thinking about retirement one of these days so he needs the cash;then with rising gas prices these days everyone is hurting, and when I think about any ticketmaster concert these days, it seems to be at least $30 per person at least for any decent ticket at a large venue.

On the other hand, I pre-ordered the new album and they are pretty fair by throwing in a vintage live show for everyone to get emotional about. I did end up seeing there performance on SNL and thought they kind seem like they lost it, but for me they did create some decent albums over the years - ten, verses, vitalogy, no code, yield, and even binarual is pretty good. I really did not like riot act, but overall I think they do alot of good for our realm of music. Vedder and company over the years have embraced alot of upcoming or gave support to established artists over the years. I know being 15 back in 1992, they opened a lot doors to artists I was not familar with and helped shape the music I do list to in one way or another.

I can add to the list of bands they toured with or tried to share the band's music to lesser music geeks then us.....
Mike Watt
Supergrass
The Frogs
Bad Religon
The Who
Rolling Stones
Neil Young
Sigur Ros
Wesly Willis
Ramones
Ben Harper
Shudder to Think