View Single Post
Old 10.29.2019, 10:15 PM   #21
d.sound
the destroyed room

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
What you did, dipping the toe in the water as they say is the only way forward to figuring yourself out. Like, realizing your feelings aren't as clear cut is a step toward figuring them out, if you get me. This has been in your head and now it is on the outside, seen by your peers, being scrutinized by others. That is some major vulnerability.

It would be wonderful to know beforehand exactly what an experience will be like, any new experience in life, but you never know until you are in it.

Everybody coming to terms with something like this is going to wonder if they are really sure they know what they are doing, especially at your age. I was 34 when I transitioned 100% full time. I was in and out of the closet a number of times.

As this settles down, and you get a better understanding of others reactions and perspective of you, you may feel more comfortable about it.

I think what can be difficult is knowing however you present yourself, people will have their own perception. When I was presenting as a guy with clothes I hated, etc, I realized it wasn't any better than my fear of being seen as some sort of "freak" for presenting female. Some people are going to see me as a freak no matter what I do. I'd rather not have to fit into the standard mold just to make that aspect of life slightly easier. Wearing the clothes I want makes me happier. My friends calling me Danielle makes me happier. The real people, the people that matter, will love you no matter what. If someone will only tolerate you as what they want you to be, their opinions are worthless.
d.sound is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|