View Single Post
Old 10.11.2007, 01:38 PM   #3
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
I went to see Free Kitten in Hoboken way back in the day... 94 or 95 i think?

...anyway, I was living near princeton at the time, and the train ticket cost the same whether I went to NYC for the day and then took the PATH back to hoboken or just went to hoboken for the show.... so i did some museum and gallery hopping in the morning and headed over to hoboken around 4:00, since i'd never really been to hoboken before and didn't want to worry about finding the club right before the show... so i walk in to the empty bar and order a drink, and as the bartender hands me my beer, kim walks in and sits at the bar. So i'm sitting there thinking "that's kim gordon sitting at the bar" and i really wanted to tell her that, but figured she already knew... so i finished my beer and left to go smoke... some ... cigarettes... came back about an hour later and Kim, Julie, Mark, Yoshimi, and Thurston are sitting at a table eating and there's one other guy in the corner drinking. so I got a drink and walked over to their table and just said what's up? i got here early for the show.. or something... and thurston looked up and said "we're eating, you want some food? it's on the house..." which was way more generous a response then i was expecting, even from a band as cool as sy... so i pulled up a chair and hung out for a while... i think i asked what they thought of bikini kill or something like that... when they were finished eating they had to go set up the equipment and do sound check, but they put me on the guest list on top of feeding me!!* i bought a hot pink t shirt i probably wouldn't have bought, cause i could only really wear it to sy shows... but after not paying for dinner or the show, i wanted to get some sort of merch, and they didn't have any records... i wish i still had that shirt, but my ex stole it when we broke up.

*it was more casual than that... what actually happened was i was just walking and talking to thurston (who didn't have any band responsibilities since it was a free kitten show) when we were heading toward the back or the bar where the stage was when the doorman stopped me. kim (who had been totally quiet up till then) turned around and just casually said "oh.... he's with us" and then kept walking.
m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|