View Single Post
Old 02.21.2015, 12:42 AM   #19
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Well, this has been semi-productive.

I am stuck on this credentials as addiction/escapism mentality. For me, I absolutely need to get ready-enrolled in grad school and finish my master's at least, preferably my doctorate. I need those credentials because I want to work in academia and be a part of my chosen science.

I could do this in medical school too, but one of the two pretty much must happen or I suspect I won't be receiving any 40th birthday cards.

This was well in the back of my mind when I was working 60 hours a week for an accounting an marketing firm. The $$$ kept my existential angst at bay. But I no longer have that job. I no longer have anything. I'm temping at a University and working 24 hours doing bookkeeping for a non-profit.

Where will the money come from? I am now virtually destitute, yet I still don't qualify for government assistance. I suppose I could make use of my mental health issues and try for disability, but I don't have a lawyer anymore, and... Well, I'm guessing they'd take it away once they found out I was attending graduate school. Can't be disabled and smart, right? No.

I will not live an empty life for the sake of living. I need to take some steps toward rebuilding what I've destroyed by opting to be a hard working, self reliant *loser* in the years since grad school went *kaboom*

I want to know I'M not alone. Yes that sounds really needy, but I'm freaking out here, goddamnit.

Oi
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|