View Single Post
Old 06.20.2006, 08:14 AM   #21
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
If you want to sell anything on, I'm actually sad enough to own more than one copy of things... 3 copies of their first album on vinyl, because one day one of them will break.

Wasn't chappy chap out of Franz Ferdinand in the Yummy Fur? Or did I entirely imagine that?

There was a great golden age of Scottish pop - Arab Strap, Mogwai, Delgadoes, Yummy Fur, Urusei Yatsura, early Belle and Sebastian, the Pastels... Fuck me, do you remember Prolapse? No one ever remembers them, they were fucking ace. I remember Mick (who's a professional archaeologist, apparently) getting us drinks when we were lowly 14 year olds. They gave to me and signed a 7" for me with a load of strangeness. Excellent band, lovely (albeit incomprehensible) people.
Prolapse maaaannnnnnnnn!!!I had the 'Tricolore' lp and a few singles.Yes,they were a good band and you have perfectly described that moment in time when Scotland could do no wrong in my eyes.A couple of the Franz guys were indeed in Yummy Fur.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|