View Single Post
Old 04.12.2016, 09:34 AM   #168
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
A little late to the party; I only just heard about this. A few thoughts:

1. I've always worried something like this would happen to a band I like and then I'd be forced to re-evaluate whether I can still enjoy the music to the same extent. Imagine the same accusations that were levelled against for example Pete Townsend or the guy from Modest Mouse surfaced against a member of Sonic Youth.

2. It always alarms me how ready people are to leap to conclusions and pick sides in matters like this on the Internet. It's one persons word against another at this point and I've a feeling we'll probably never know the objective truth.

3. I'm also very alarmed by Larkin Grimm posting screenshots from a fictional book Gira wrote in the 90s and holding it up as some kind of evidence as a case against him. I find this troubling as hell in fact. By the same logic we could accuse Bret Easton Ellis of being a murderous yuppie or Nabakov of being a paedophile. In fact this line of logic to me feels like it leads on the dangerous road to censorship... maybe I'm getting carried away a bit here though. Curious to know what others think about this.