View Single Post
Old 04.02.2006, 05:44 PM   #41
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
A lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm in a "cop" like position at school and often have my attempts at helping turn into bitching by the students that don't take a second to see it from my perspective.?

you know, i'm going off on a tangent here, and i don't want to hijack the topic, but while in grad school i taught for 4 years, and all i have to say is that the cop approach to handling people does not, will not, ever work. it only creates resistance and encourages smartasses to beat you at the game. (i used to be the smartass student so i should know). much better is when the students see you and respect you as an "older friend" rather than fear you. took me the 3rd year to figure that out & it made my job soooooo much easier. works w/ younger kids too.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|