View Single Post
Old 09.18.2015, 05:29 PM   #62
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not sure I agree that there was anything "punk" about Paranoid though, SFAD.

I think there's a definite sonic link between some of the work Sabbath did on both paranoid and Master of Reality, and some of the proto-punk that was being made in the U.S. at that time. You can hear something akin to Sabbath on Fun House, only it was coming from a very different place...

But I'm not going to challenge you on it. I am interested actually. I just played Paranoid from start to finish with an ear open for what you're referring to.

When people are deeply invested and interested in a style or genre of music, they make connections. I have felt some strange, foreshadowing whispers of the shout that punk would ultimately be in some of the damnedest places. Like... Fuck... improvisational jazz, clawhammer banjo, delta blues... So I won't tell you you're wrong.

But I'd love to hear more about why you feel that way.

To me, White Light/White Heat will always be the first punk album.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|