View Single Post
Old 03.27.2013, 02:03 AM   #230
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
No fresh air on this record for sure. It's suffocatingly boring.

I'm not picking on you, because you're obviously entitled to your opinion (and I'm not actually sure if you're referring to the sound quality or the actual songwriting), but I'm wondering if you're basing this on one listen to a low quality stream?

I found the LP sounded a little mid-rangey and "boomy" (as somebody mentioned earlier in the thread). I hate talking about this because I'm not qualified to articulate it, I just know what I mean...haha. I was surprised though, because I remembered the preview mp3s sounding pretty damn good. I'm curious to check out the flac download (nice option, btw!) and see how it compares to the LP. I didn't hear any clipping (also mentioned in this thread), or at least nothing as obvious as some of the moments on The Eternal, but maybe the digital copy will be a different experience.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|