View Single Post
Old 02.26.2015, 07:11 PM   #8
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
It's not a scam or anything you should worry about, fortunately; I just should have linked you directly to www.demandprogress.org instead of copypasting the e-mail. When I get an e-mail into my mail.com account, all links received are directed to some mail.com limbo first ("You're leaving mail.com, click here if you're not redirected in five seconds" or something) and then reach their actual destination. I know it sounds murky, but again, there's no shitware involved. Word!

oh ha ha ha-- okay!

better to be paranoid... yeah i checked the demand progress site. "looks legit" (including domain registration).

the issue that raised my eyebrows first was the claim that congress was going to write legislation to overrule the fcc-- they won't pass it and it's not going to happen -- here's the news from 2 days ago:

“We’re not going to get a signed bill that doesn’t have Democrats’ support,” said Senator John Thune, Republican of South Dakota and chairman of the Senate Commerce Committee. “This is an issue that needs to have bipartisan support.”

etc:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/25/te...-fcc-vote.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
Of course the Republicans are scaring everyone into saying Obama is controlling the internet, and hates democracy. So many people don't even know what net neutrality is, and what it means, so it's easy to distract and manipulate the average person.

from what i've read it was john oliver who made it easy to understand and rallied the counteroffensive

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society...doing?cmpid=TW

i haven't seen the segment but you can find it on youtube
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|