View Single Post
Old 11.21.2014, 10:06 AM   #18385
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i think you like filmed theatre more than film, which is fine if that's what you like; and nichols was a fine actor and theatre director, but honestly i looked up his filmography and while there are gems (the graduate, who's afraid of virginia woolf) he also made some shit. (i haven't seen catch 22 so i can't talk about that which could be a gem i don't know).

looking at his filmography, i once tried watching "postcards from the edge" and couldn't get past the first insufferable 10 minutes; "closer' was a disappointment (natalie portman as a stripper and what was it about?), "charlie wilson's war" was okay but mostly because it was a sorkin screenplay, "the birdcage" was a direct copy of a much better (funnier, earlier, braver) french film, "working girl" was fun but very forgettable. i guess i could say the same about a lot of other movies he made. i remember people talking about "wolf" when it came out but i don't hear anyone talking about it today. i just also realized i've seen "primary colors" which was like a funny tv show.

not trying to shit on a man who's not even yet buried, but come on, don't use him to throw shade on kubrick.

yeah, plus Charlie Wilson was just a really awful story. And, he was married to Diane Sawyer, how the hell does one do that
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|