View Single Post
Old 11.05.2007, 01:16 AM   #130
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
yeah...what i shoulda said was "most people that dig pearl jam dont know shit about music". which is ussualy true. i like PJ sometimes. i think ive said it before, but they are one of those bands thats say, releases 15 albums...2 are going to be great, 4 are going to have a couple decent songs...and the rest are going to suck fat ass. eddie just seems to take himself a bit too seriously sometimes for my liking.

i think its important to keep in mind that most artists are indeed "troubled", or at least go trhough a phase of being troubled at some point in their life...even more importantly, i think its important to at least consider that kurt and eddie were VERRRRRRRRRRYYYYY different people. kurt never really grew up. he was 27, but basically died a miserable 18 year old that still seemed desperate to figure shit out. kurt also depended alot on other people to take care of em...eddie was living on his own...had his own truck/job/apartment...while he was in HS!!!!!!!!! thats how he dealt with his shitty home life...he moved out and became a "man". eddie witout a doubt (with all the SHIT i can, have, and probally will say about him) had a shit fucking load more self confidence in HS...then kurt cobain had approachin his freakin 30's. and im not trying to talk shit about either of them...im probally in between both. i have takin care of myself, and for the most part i do...but ive never went too long without a roomate. both of them dealt with their problems in totally different ways and really cant be compared outside of the fact, that at one point in time, they were both the "voices of a generation" < really like what eddie once said when asked about that in an interview...right after kurt died actually...he said "if we're the voices of a generation, then that must be a really fucked up generation". haha. eddie can be okay sometimes. he'll damn sure never be kurt though. but then again, kurt never could have been him either...very different people.

just wish PJ understood the concept of evolution...they talk about it in their songs, but shit, their music just hasnt done it much since oh, the early 90's..

couldn't agree more, and because of what you just described about kurt proves that there was a yearning for power and control in his own person and he used it in a negative way, for a shitload of reasons.

of course i agree with that part of the "trouble artist", totally, but there's a projection on their self images that both guys had and one let him, for whatever reasons, to take the best of him and fucking ending his life, while the other kept it in check.

the artist who suffers and dies for his art is another archtype that people respond strongly to and another reason why he keeps on being this icon.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|