View Single Post
Old 09.06.2006, 10:59 AM   #26
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Sunburned were totally uncanny, thoroughly one of the best things I've ever seen, maybe the best even. The stage was full of all kinds of crap from severed limbs of a fashion mannequin to sticks and pots. They were banging them in a manner that seemingly had no direction but then a song of repeating rhytms and percussions grew out of it. The band also were doing quite traditional rock tunes, which were time to time a bit boring, but the percussive randomness and crazed-out singer/drummer/whatever saved a lot.
I bough a load of their albums and cd-rs and chatted awhile with them, nice guys too.

Circle on the other hand were a mere disappointment. Probably for the same reasons T&B mentioned in that other thread. Their set was biased on the kraut-heavy metal side of theirs, which didn't exactly fit the musical context of the night. They started out with an intro that built up into rhytmic noise and ended the set with a heavy as fuck stoner -ish song. Those were ace but during the middle section of the set, which was the same they've been playing throughout the year, apparently, it started to get a bit boring.
I feel bad bitching about this, because Circle is a band not capable of mediocrity and compered to all the other bands (except shotm, obviously) they still were really fucking great.

This might be the most interesting thing though...
Before the gig, probably right after the soundcheck the bands were improvising together, and did it for quite a long time. I saw maybe the last 20 mins. of this, but few of my friends sat through the whole thing and were amazed by it. According to them it was better than anything later that night.
Apperently it was recorded, and who knows if it'll be released someday...
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|