View Single Post
Old 01.25.2019, 06:51 AM   #23482
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

Ended up watching The Lobster on Netflix w my aunt n uncle last night. I hadn't seen this since its theatrical run, and I gotta say I still find it to be an awfully accurate depiction of how odd human interaction, dating in particular, is. The dialogue intentionally stilted and every romantic notion broken down to its coldest, most insincere form. Even the open ended ending sorta hints at how nobody will ever figure any of this out.

Love the Lobster, hated Dogtooth.

I found Dogtooth to be one of the most thought provoking pieces of media I've saw in recent memory. It deals with complex issues by allowing the viewer to use their own nuance and intellect to construct the reasons why characters behave the way they do and why scenes play out in seemingly strange ways. There's so much character development already established pre-scene which the film drip-feeds the viewer in realistic ways also mirroring the characters childlike personalities. It's disturbing and hilarious. The Lobster is up next, looking forward to it.
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|