View Single Post
Old 05.17.2013, 03:46 PM   #3058
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
wow.

so you're saying that all those articles in english papers i've read calling for liverpool to get rid of suarez are all empty posturing bullshit?

my question is, at what point does a player become a liability, or, when does it become a waste of money to pay them bazillions to sit on the bench?

there's gotta be a breaking point. maybe there wasn't with cantona, but at some point, if expenses exceed revenues, it only makes sense....

I don't think there's a reliable economic equation that can be applied to individual players, especially with clubs that are effectively run at a loss. The owner will probably have some vague idea when enough is enough but I don't think even they'd know what it's really based on, especially when things like ego and pride get involved.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|