View Single Post
Old 05.22.2012, 10:32 AM   #37
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Screaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by narlus
i was at that show, and must have also been at the 1st set as i don't recall a dead PA.

Right on. I'm dating myself here, but I was a junior at Boston University in October 1992. I have another cool SY-related memory from those days. It was not uncommon for Thurston to play noise/avant garde shows at some of the smaller Boston-area clubs back then...places like TT the Bears and the Middle East. I wasn't fully into those kinds of gigs, but purchased tickets to what I thought would be a noise/avant garde show at the Middle East [late 1993, early 1994]. There was word Thurston was working on a solo record and was kicking around the idea of calling his band Male Slut. Anyway, when I showed up to the Middle East that night, much to my delight, I was treated to an entire set of what would eventually become Psychic Hearts. Of course Steve Shelley was on the kit and I literally bumped into Kim in the crowd before Thurston came on. I remember her being tiny...

The next time I would see SY was August 5th, 1995 at Lakewood Amphitheater in Atlanta during their Lollapalooza run. Touring for EJST&NS was challenged due to Kim's pregnancy and this was the only time I saw them featuring material from that album. About a month after this particular show SY would release Washing Machine, but they played a number of songs from it that night. They played a particularly charged version of "Silver Rocket" late in their set that night and nearly melted my brain...
Screaming Skull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|