View Single Post
Old 05.16.2012, 03:24 PM   #32
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Screaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's asses
I purchased a copy of Goo in early 1992 on the buzz created by the whole grunge movement and on the strength of the 'Kool Thing' single, which was a college rock radio-station staple at that point. The first SY album I anticipated was Dirty and I picked it up the week it came out.

The first time I saw SY live was October 20th, 1992 at Avalon in Boston. SY played two shows that particular evening. The first [late] show sold out before I could get tickets, but thankfully, they added a second [early] show. If I recall the first show started at 6pm and DGC label-mates, Cell, opened up. SY floored me that evening and I instantly fell in love with Kim Gordon and her black velvet choker. I remember Thurston tearing it up and leaving quite an impression. It was a good thing I saw the first show that night, as SY blew the PA several songs into their second set. The first show was definitely the one to be at.

I've seen SY on EVERY single tour since (sometimes multiple times) and have seen them live 18 to 20 times. I've seen them in Boston, NYC, Washington DC, Atlanta, and Athens, GA.
Screaming Skull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|