View Single Post
Old 10.05.2020, 02:13 PM   #5876
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt

Finished this the other day. I'd started it donkeys ago and then put it down. I finally got round to going through it again and I'm so glad I did. Honestly one of the best books I've ever read. If you've an interest in film I honestly can't recommend it higher. There's a netflix series too but it wasn't able to give the broad scope it deserves.

There's a section about when the director George Stevens was with the American army liberating the concentration camps, including Dachau, that damn near ruined me. From that moment on he was never the same. How could you be? And with that it affected the films he eventually went on to do when he came back. The same was true of all five directors but Stevens' story definitely hit me the hardest.

Brilliant read.

I adored the documentary! Might just need to buckle down and read this. And the Stevens’ story is definitely the hardest hitting. I also love the thought of John Ford filming during an actual battle.

Thanks for the reminder! Definitely an interesting topic.
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|