View Single Post
Old 08.29.2016, 09:59 PM   #96
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasx
I think White Album is the best Beatles album. There's a couple of boring or lame songs (like Why Don't We Do It In The Road & Revolution 9) but mostly it is stunning!

Abbey Road is also great album like all albums from Revolver to Let It Be but White Album gets highest ranking in my head.

Yeah, same here. After White Album, I'd go with either Revolver or Abbey Road, followed by Sgt. Peper's. But the White Album represented everything that was great about the Beatles.

Helter Skelter
Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except for me and my Monkey
I'm So Tired
The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill (like a lost Sgt. Pepper track that one... Another top 10 Severian favorite)
Back in the USSR
Revolution
Glass Onion
Sexy Sadie
Dear Prudence

I mean, what the fuck? What gave them the right to be so goddamn good? That album managed to perfect guitar rock and completely dismantle it simultaneously. I think of it as a bit of a proto-punk record deep down. It will never NOT be one of my favorite albums ever made. That's a fucking promise.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|