Thread: World Music
View Single Post
Old 11.12.2006, 09:05 AM   #102
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
here is something from ireland...
irish folk/traditional supergroup formed from the ashes of the legendary planxty.........

MOVING HEARTS-
"THE STORM"
1986 son records
http://www.badongo.net/file/1381181

not a huge fan of irish trad music but i thought id add to this real interesting thread....

This has been sat on my hard-drive for a bit not being listened to. It keeps varying between being good and being incredibly irritating. I wouldn't call it 'trad' particularly. I have better versions of all of these... sometimes I quite like the 'modern' 'lounge' 'jazz' arrangements, and there's some great bits with the brass going against the Uillean pipes... but I probably shan't be investigating further.

Still, thanks for the up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|