View Single Post
Old 04.13.2009, 01:48 PM   #24561
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Obitus-The March of the Drones

Now this is something I can hang with. Mega-dynamic black metal that sounds refreshingly new while still not entering the "hipster metal" canon of which I despise. Fucking harsh quiet dynamics are insane; accoustic melodic passages then give way to a wall of feedback, precision-razor shark double bass drumming, standard black metal screams but you can understand the lyrics which is a nice change so you can actually hear how hoateful the lyrics are instead of just assuming. I bet most people will hate this album, oh well. It reminds me of sorta vintage Gorgoroth meeting vintage At the Gates; melodic death meets hateful no-fi black. Not drone metal thats for sure.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|