View Single Post
Old 11.29.2018, 08:53 PM   #50238
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
U2 is probably a "had to be there" sort of band. They're tied to a lot of memories for most of us. (Currently skimming Achtung and a ton of my childhood is flooding back.)

It's difficult to explain how culturally relevant they were at one point. I'm sure there are books about it.

There are books about it.

Yeah, they were huge. Pearl Jam was VERY BRIEFLY believed to be APPROACHING the same level, but still quite far from it.

Those guys were the biggest band of the ‘80s and early ‘90s. Even if some of us wish it had been REM or the Cure (should have!), it was U2, and they provided the soundtracks to our lives.

Even, like, when Nirvana was big... U2 was bigger. And as far as I’m concerned, they deserved it more than most bands that reach that level.

Hard to hate on them outright. I’ll hate on everything since “Beautiful Day” (blaaah) all day long, but the rest... yeah. Memories. Too many to shrug off. Mostly good ones.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|