View Single Post
Old 01.11.2011, 03:44 PM   #91
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Link doesn't seem to go anywhere.

Seriously though, if you've ever seen a bad orchestra play, it's quite clear that there's a great deal more to playing orchestral music than just 'reading'. I think it's a rockist misunderstanding (that I also made prior to learning to read) to assume that the stave sets out a precise metrical relationship to a pulse. Part of the problem is that you rarely hear an orchestra make a wrong move on record (which they'll do in spades live) and the well-known orchestras are whipped something rotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|