View Single Post
Old 01.11.2011, 02:23 PM   #89
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
That is not fair for so many fucking reasons.. A) dave did all those vocal harmonies which were so subtle and yet are really a Nirvana staple, they represent a huge portion of tunes both live and recorded

b) if you listen to the Nirvana BEFORE Dave came when they went through any whorish drummer they could salvage and then listen to the music (even the same songs but live) AFTER dave, its fucking night and day. Dave brought a more pure punk/hardcore energy and dynamic to Nirvana in his driving, powerful, simple but effective drum work. I can recognize Dave's drumming on anything he works on, shit I had never heard anything at all about Them Crooked Vultures, and I by random coincidence hear a tune one day with my pops and say, "shit is that Dave Grohl on the drums?"

Dave's drum work is what made Nirvana, it shaped the music in its entirety, guitar work (especially as minimalist as Kurt's) is nothing without accompanying drum work. And these drums, especially live, bring out the best in the guitar player, its all fluid. Everything integrally works together, no matter how desperate Kurt was when he let Courtney convince him to change the original Nirvana layout and take 75% for really no reason at all..

Any musician here should be able to attest to the integral and fundamental importance of the fluidity and true collaboration between instrument players, its not like orchestral music where you just sit there are read the sheet.

regardless, he's a cunt.
many other drummers can drum without being cunts (so they say) and starting whiney shitty generic bands with stupid names writing mediocre to unbereable songs about how they miss someone they were never close to.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|