Thread: REM
View Single Post
Old 10.27.2018, 05:06 PM   #39
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
Up and Reveal deserve your love.

I found Up to be completely unstimulating in every way. It didn’t even have the Pet Sounds vibe I (think) I remember Michael Stipe saying it would. Felt fitting for that early morning VH1 time slot.

(Shrug)

Reveal had a shining moment or two if I recall, but nothing — absolutely nothing — on the majesty of the band’s best records.

REM puttered out big time. And not even in an odd ball, this-is-too-weird-for-me-to-tell-if-it’s-good-or-not like the Cure’s “Wild Mood Swings.” Just super duper boring. Especially after HiFi and the underrated Monster, which knocks pretty hard and holds up to modern scrutiny. Love that shit.. “Tongue,” “Strange Currencies,” etc. Compared to that stuff, late REM is like non-music.

Generally speaking from memory here, as I haven’t listened to any post-HiFi REM album in many years. Maybe I’ll give it another go... sometime.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|