View Single Post
Old 09.07.2017, 09:23 AM   #50106
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
It's fine if it's not for you. But surprised you'd like Everything Will Be but not White Album. Shrug.

Let's not call it the White Album. Let's just call it White. It's not the White Album. The White Album is one of the greatest things in the history of music.

To WeezerWhite's credit though, I was surprised to hear how crunchy some of the riffs were. Crunchy and catchy at the same time, not just crunchy and tossed-off like on Maladroit or whatever. Also, "Endless Bummer" sounds like hi-hi Elliot Smith. Not that I am a huge Elliot Smith fan, but I had my "XO" and "Either/Or" eras just like everyone else, and I appreciate the influence.
I also think Weezer does best when they combine their love of sun and girls and dumbass shit with a kind of tortured sadness and some good old fashioned sexual frustration, which they seem to be doing a bit on That White Thing That Isn't The White Album.

It's not like it's the shittest shit ever shat. It's not like it's Drake and "DJ" Khaled, or the new Taylor Swift song, which is horrendously bad to a disappointing degree. It's not like it's... y'know... Train. Or Twentyonepilots.

Just not for me.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|