View Single Post
Old 09.06.2009, 11:34 PM   #89
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
Masculinity is as bad as femininity is. In that they both have their pros and cons. Masculinity is no more a cause of problems than femininity is. I personally like some aspects of masculinity.

I have no problem with emotions whatsoever. I don't wear them on my sleeve but I'm in touch with them and I can be honest about them with others.

Men are (often) raised/taught that their role in society, relationships, and families is as the protector and breadwinner. That men need to be strong not just for themselves, but for everyone else. There is a strong aspect of biology in it too... the weak member of the pack is left behind or sacrificed, the weak become victims, become dominated. Hence, crying exhibits a lapse in strength, a moment of weakness, an inability to deal with a situation as a 'man,' failing in ones role, and potentially opening oneself up as a target, allowing oneself to be victimized by those who see weakness in others as an opportunity for themselves.

Personally, I don't mind this. I think it's of course healthiest when balanced though. Taking it to the point of emotional retardation is one thing, but embracing the idea that you should be strong (not so much that you shouldn't cry, but moreso that you should be capable of handling anything emotionally) and portray strength isn't a bad thing.

I prefer strong and independent people over weak, needy people.

amerikangod is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|