View Single Post
Old 09.23.2015, 12:56 PM   #5
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I don't mean to highlight yours or mine popularity on the internet with this thread. I get so many emails at work, a lot of them expecting to be replied to (non-spamish, work-related messages), I've started to apply rough and ready rules to all internet communication I'm involved with, family, friends etc, possibly leading to some people thinking I'm rude, unprofessional, uncaring or anti-social by nature. With exceptions to this rule when it comes to certain people. I am really an incessant talker and not a good writer in general. I like long-winded messages with one or several strong points surfacing during the written communication process, but if it's rare this happens so I tend to ignore what I don't think is directly speaking to me. Anyway, how do you deal with all the communication you deal with online? It'd be interesting to know.

this is a massive subject, but to tame email the first thing is to schedule times to respond. i.e. don't have it on. then use the in-between times for actual work.

i do email a couple of times a day but for your work you might need to do 3 or 4 (e.g. first thing, mid-morning, mid-afternoon, last thing). the important thing is not to be "always available on email" because then nothing else gets done.

there's a lot more on that. i'd suggest look @ the tim ferris website and search on lifehacker for related articles.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|