View Single Post
Old 06.15.2014, 10:46 PM   #193
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Respect to Spurs, they were a phenomenal team, and by far, of all their Championships this was finally a very legitimate win. They've beat a lot of mediocre teams, but beating the two-time Champs was a statement. It also is telling of just how athletic the NBA has become, its not that Spurs were that much better than Heat, its that clearly by all the horrible shooting (from a Heat team that ranked number 1 in offensive efficiency 4 consecutive years no less) that all the mileage wore the Heat down, which is surprising, I would have honestly took that bet against the Spurs a hundred times thinking it would be them who would get fatigued! The NBA is so much more competitive its the reason why we haven't seen a 3-pete in 12 years, and why we haven't seen a Finals rematch since 1998.. Teams are just more competitive, bringing it harder in every game, on every possession, and those transcendental talents can only go so far now. I dare say that even Jordan wouldn't have won 6 rings in today's NBA, sure there was more physical play in his era but today there is simply more talent around on every team. Jordan feasted on shit teams and beat a handful of great teams in Finals, meanwhile there were 6 or 8 legitimate Championship contenders this year. The NBA is better than ever, and this series I think proves it. In the 1980s or 1990s Heat would have won this game because the earlier rounds over the past few years wouldn't have been as tiring as they were the past few years.

Respect to Spurs, they shut me up with emphasis!! Of course this doesn't somehow erase the Heat's recent 2 banners, it doesn't negate that win or lose the Championship went through Miami the past four consecutive years as gatekeeper, and that we all know that at 29 Lebron will win at least one more ring..

If anything, FINALLY we can stop all this hyperbole. NO, Lebron is not the best player of all time. He will more than likely finish as a HOF legend like Wilt Chamberlain or Oscar Robertson, a few rings and a few unbeatable all-time stats. Isn't that enough or has the #Hashtag era truly ruined good sportsmanship??

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|