Thread: bob dylan
View Single Post
Old 04.19.2006, 08:04 PM   #1
dietzer123
stalker

dietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard sucka
i've noticed he gets dissed alot by a wide range of people and it is wildly unwaranted. first of all, let's just look at his influence. he changed pop music from singing about california girls and wanting to hold your hand to intelligent introspection and poetry. if you like any of the sonic youths lyrics, you owe a debt to dylan. second, people constantly complain "he can't sing, derrrrrr." that's a god damn lie. no one has EVER covered a bob dylan song and improved on the original. blowin' in the wind is covered so frequently but no one can match his earthy downright folksy delivery. yes, he went downhill considerably, but that doesn't diminish his early works. he still is and always will be one of the most influential artists in popular music