View Single Post
Old 03.22.2007, 04:59 AM   #65
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
in my opinion (without having read the 3 pages of this thread, i am on minimal time here), sonic youth have always been a band to try their hand at everything. by this i mean that they have their fingers in the contemporary art world, they are involved with the underground noise movement/free improv scene, poetics/literature (albeit minimally) while still aspiring to be a "mainstream" band and enter popular consciousness (playing @ the reading & leeds for example). they have always been challenging and interesting to the sonic youth fan/listener. therefore i think that this nostalgia fest is the band experimenting with different concepts/ideas as they have been doing since 1981. i admire them for taking a new move, i guess (obviously i would prefer them releasing a SYR or a new album and touring it rather than doing this, but i won't hold them against it, i'm going to go and enjoy it!