View Single Post
Old 03.09.2013, 04:14 AM   #16680
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
I can understand that. I wouldn't say Bunuel is for everyone, but he's up there (in my opinion) as one of the best directors of all time. L’Age d’or, The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie, Viridiana are some of my favorites.

I like Bunuel too and agree that he's up there with the greats. I've just never been able to get into Belle De Jour.

Back to Colo(u)r of Money, besides Paul Newman's performance, I love the dialogue, which was written by probably my favourite contemporary novelist, Richard Price (The Wanderers, Bloodbrothers, Clockers, etc). He's regularly called on by Hollywood to provide gritty, streetwise dialogue and sometimes writes for The Wire and is probably the only screenwriter today that I actively follow. If he's involved, even a crappy movie (say American Gangster) is guaranteed to have a few great lines. Very much a dive bar Billy Wilder.

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|