View Single Post
Old 11.26.2009, 02:06 PM   #213
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Rick
As it was pointed out on page 1 (and I'm not about to read up on pages 2-9 because this was just an ill-conceived thread), it is absolutely shameful to say that Motorhead can only be enjoyed ironically.

Pass off your thread as just "a bit of fun" if you want, but that is a cop-out.

It is a problem rampant among so-called "indie kids" that they are so bitten by the "irony-as-fashion" bug that they can no longer recognize when the authenticity bug is biting them right in the nose.

This is especially typical of the Pitchfork-teat-sucker who is duped by the authority vested in Pitchfork to like a band like Girls because their singer grew up in a cult. Just listen to their music and see if it stands up.

Listen to Poison and see if it stands up. Of course....it would be a buried memory without VH1's "I Love the 80s" and "Rock of Love". So surely it can only be enjoyed ironicallly.

But what's so ironic about Motorhead. "OMGLOL...Have you see their singer's face moles???" Nevermind that. "I'm vegan because everyone else in my dorm is...but this band wears a lot of leather, and yet I still like them???" Dude...just cut the bullshit and listen to the music already! Tell me it doesn't make you feel something. Even 30 years later!
It is a bit of fun though. I don't give a shit about what other people would think of my listening habits. I love Motorhead! I went to see them when I was 13 and it was the first show I had been to and it blew my mind. I also never read pitchfork nor follow what they like. And the few bands I've had a good listen to that they thoroughly support feel weak and mediocre to my ears. I fully agree with everything you said, but if it was pointed towards me then please don't assume I think that way.

Besides, I started this thread when I first started posting here. I wouldn't make this thread now..
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|