View Single Post
Old 12.27.2016, 06:10 PM   #60
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Totally agree. I totally lost respect for them for doing that. They knew it would get some people in a flurry, so not standing by the name when it did is just lame.

I'd be able to overlook it if the album had some punch. But it just sounds like a bunch of vacuous imitations of cherished artists, from Berlin-era Bowie to Joy Division to the Cure. It's probably not really all that bad of a record, but I had high hopes because their Viet Cong album sounded energized and feral. This one (Preoccupations) just made my heart sink. Where did the skronk go?

Women and Viet Cong used to sound like a knife fight in a phone booth. "Preoccupations" sounds like goth night at a skating rink.

Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|