View Single Post
Old 12.26.2016, 06:09 AM   #48
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Alright, I'll do mine. It won't be the obscure stuff, but it's good stuff all the same.

IN NO ORDER, well, except for number 1

1)Between Waves by The Album Leaf
A real great album from a band I decided to listen to on whim.

2)Moon Shaped Pool by Radiohead
Problem was that this album came out just I'd broken up with my girlfriend and it pretty much ruined me after listening to it consistently. It's an amazing album, but it's gonna be a while before I can listen to it all again.

3)Barbara Barbara, we face a shining future by Underworld
Underworld are one of this bands I knew Born Slippy and that's it. However, I'd heard great stuff about this album so gave it a whirl. It's worth being on the list for the first track alone.

4)Blackstar by David Bowie
What is there to say that hasn't already been said about it this year?

5)The Hope Six Demolition Project by PJ Harvey
It's not a perfect album, but the tracks that hit the spot REALLY hit the spot. A Line In The Sand, Community Of Hope and The Wheel being notable highlights

6)Arrival Soundtrack by Johann Johannsson
I'm a big fan of movie soundtracks and this one was just something else. I loved the film, but the music was just something else. Sci-fi has been going through a resurgence the last few years and their soundtracks have always been first rate to match. Which brings us to our next one.

7)Third Law by Roly Porter
This is a sci fi soundtrack to a film that doesn't exist. I've no idea how he managed to make the sounds he has on this album, and tbh, I don't wanna know. Real good stuff on here

8)You Want It Darker by Leonard Cohen
Like Blackstar it's impossible to not have your listening affected post death. His voice never sounded sexier than it did on this album either.

9)The Life Of Pablo by Kanye West
I've had a bit of a love/hate relationship with this album. When it's good, it's really good, however one too many filler tracks spoil the listening of the album. However for me, the ups and downs of the album sum up Kanye's state of mind atm.

10)Stranger To Stranger by Paul Simon
His last couple of albums have ranked right up there with his absolute best stuff. Still pulling out great albums and long may it continue.

There's been a distinct lack of hip hop listening by me this year, and I've no idea why. I've not even been bothered about checking Danny Brown's new album and I loved his last one. Usually I go through phases of genres so I suspect I'll hit a rap phase soon enough.
I did listen to 6Lack's debut album, the new Tribe album and I thought they were fine enough. It's just nothing was grabbing me whilst listening to them.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|