View Single Post
Old 04.07.2006, 07:20 AM   #18
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyvega
say what you will about damon, but i appreciate the fact that he chooses to work with interesting collaborators: de la soul instead of eminem, martina topley bird instead of pink or avril lavigne, mf doom instead of 50 cent, bootie brown instead of snoop dogg, etc etc. (i'm not even going to bring up shaun ryder, god forbid)

i agree it's not groundbreaking, but considering the kind of music it is and how much it sells, 12 year olds could be listening to a lot worse

I dislike Blur and The Gorrillaz, but I have to agree with this. The main thing of course, is that each person gets to hear stuff they enjoy, and if you like the Gorrillaz then listen to them. But also, for many it's the slightly 'alternative' bands that lead people to heavier stuff. A good example if The Smiths - for all their indie cred, they were fairly accessible (which helps explain their relative chart success, of course). The first music to really 'blow me away' with their sound was early Jesus and Mary Chain when I was 14, but if I hadn't been prepped a bit by listening to stuff like The Smiths and The Clash, maybe it would have been harder to get into JAMC? Just a thought.

I like Happy Mondays/Black GRape/Shaun Ryder too, so it was nice to hear his tones again.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|