View Single Post
Old 02.03.2016, 02:45 PM   #239
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I don't think sev will like this RS article...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...album-20160202

I like this part:

Kanye West's six-album run between 2004's The College Dropout and 2013's Yeezus is hands down the greatest, most unstoppable streak of records in hip-hop history. And while great rapper streaks are not exactly unheard of (Bay Area ambassador E-40 is set to drop his 23rd excellent album any day now), there's been absolutely nothing comparable to West's level of daring, visibility and impact.

And the Beatles comparison.

But yeah... it's a pretty reverent article, but it doesn't exactly fill me with joy. I would take issue with some of the author's points (Ye is not ripping off the Weeknd, and Travi$ Scott has never even had Ye's table scraps, let alone his lunch), but I see where it's coming from.

Not the first time people have wondered what's left for Kanye to do, though.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|