View Single Post
Old 11.27.2017, 11:27 PM   #866
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Well, that's your call. Best guess is he's going for both the dance floor and the car speakers and the headphones.

I was joking when I wrote Kanye sucked. So much so, that I realized I didn't know his work at all and picked some up. So I'm not really converting. Just learning.

Second, it was the second track "Gorgeous" that made me think My Dark was going to be a great album. Maybe it is. But that's still my favorite and the rest either doesn't grab me or isn't my thing, although I appreciate it all. (Hey, kinda like Brian Wilson.) I'm a little bored until I hear Aphex Twin and John Legend meet each other. But I've only listened to it three or four times.

Also got YEEZUS.

Let it sink in. “Gorgeous” is without question one of Kanye’s best tracks as far as “rap songs” go. Thing is, a lot of his songs aren’t rap. But “Gorgeous” is certainly the best song after “Runaway.”

Yeezus will take some listening. Let it work for you. Give it a solid chance. It becomes somehow *more* over time. Sounds a bit disparate at first, but all things considered, I reach for it more often than I reach for MBDTF.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|