View Single Post
Old 09.21.2015, 12:08 AM   #75
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I think Sabbath is underrated when compared to Zeppelin only because Ozzy lyrics were better than Plant's, Iommi as much a virtuoso at guitar as Page.. both band were innovative and extraordinarily creative and versatile in their styles of music yet Sabbath also managed to be much heavier sound and Bill Ward is the superior drummer. I would say Zeppelin has more reach and influence though..
Ozzy didnīt make almost any lyrics in the seventies Sabbath (in Paranoid only Fairies Wear Boots are partly Ozzy made) it was Geezer who wrote them. In paranoid making document there is first version of Paranoid where Ozzy sings something like "I love you baby donīt ever leave me etc." Very funny part of that document. They rehearse the song that way and then Geezer made the real lyrics into it.

I think Sabbath made something original, I think quite many modern metal genres also say Sabbath to their predecessors. I donīt think Zeppelin was influental at all, they just manage made great music from the pieces somebody has already made (for example first album is almost a copy of Jeff Beckīs Truth). Peter Grant was very succesful manager and made them big. Of course that band had all the elements to become a big and there is nothing wrong but I think itīs meaning of the popular music history (I mean just the meaning of the development of the music history) is overrated.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|