View Single Post
Old 12.20.2011, 06:44 PM   #10
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
This is well worth an hour of your time

The most jarring fact in there is the fact that in the North korean encyclopedia the entry for the Juche Tower is longer than the entry for the Juche Philosophy

Cheers for this - it was indeed a good lecture, but I think the lecturer downplayed the Stalinist aspect of the Kim regime a tad too much. I was interested to learn about the nationalist aspect of North Korean life, though, and that the Kim Jong-Il abolished the whole idea of Communism when he re-wrote the N Korean constitution. I was very surprised for the lecturer citing the re-unification of Germany as a success - the former East Germany has endemic poverty, no industrty to speak of, little investment, all of which have fuelled a resurgent and often very violent neo-fascism (the NPD are at their strongest here). Some "success"!