View Single Post
Old 12.24.2010, 03:23 PM   #1226
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Derek,the band is basically a revolving door of musicians that Dylan is friends with or fans of. Dylan's friends with Kayo Dot and Time of Orchids. He's a cool dude. I've been friends with him for about 10 years now, and own all his stuff... his graphic novel is one of the best things I've ever bought, and the new giggle the ozone album "change" is probably in my top 5 albums of the year (though I don't list it since he's my friend). It kinda sounds like if beefheart did space pop. I highly reccomend picking it up.

But yeah this band I was asked to participate in is called Hybegnu. Here's their first album: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/Hybegnu

the lineup for that album is Hybegnu is Dylan Sparrow (Giggle the Ozone), Keith Abrams (PAK), Chuck Stern (Time of Orchids), Curt Howard (Ugh God) and Wendell Edwards (scutopus). Chuck is still in the band as is Dylan, but I'm not sure about the rest, he's trying to get me to play, as well as Matt from BgO (who is playing bass live for GtO during some live shows). I am going to travel and play on the 2nd album, if all goes well, though I'm also thinking of going to new york and playing some live shows with gto, maybe doing a mini tour. Pretty exciting.

Dylan is absolutely one of my favorite musicians, he is an astounding guitar player, and can play every instrument ever... he writes these insane progressive rock/space opera albums, and he actually records in a studio.. he went to 3 different studios for the new album , just to find which one had the best sound for his tapping.

I am absolutely floored by how gifted of a musician he is, he's participated in tons of other obscure bands, he has a Nintendo-song cover surf band that I can't remember the name of now, but I'll post a link to it later.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|