View Single Post
Old 06.26.2009, 09:44 AM   #87
candymoan
the end of the ugly

candymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's asses
man, those axes look good!

okay, i see where the thread is going, T & L started off with cheap guitars and a heavy DIY ethic.. but they surely deserve the recognition for pioneering their own sound.. and this is exactly what this is: paying tribute..
my first guitar was a gift, and i smashed it because i didn't have patience to learn it.
my second guitar, i found it at my father's yard.. someone had just left it there and it was terribly messed up..
as i started playing i got my first "decent" guitar, which cost me somewhere around 250 dollars..
i don't know anything about modifications, but i do own 2 pairs of drumsticks - and guess where that idea came from?

so - the short story is, cheap guitars are always available.. having a cheap guitar should not ruin your fun.. if you got the money, you can spend it as you wish..
i'm planning to buy them both, once i get rich..
and i'll use the stickers on my other guitars and spray paint the crap out of them and hammer some nails into them or something..

in the meantime, i'll be envious of those guitars as i am of telecasters, and i'll be distorting the sound of my cheap and lovely guitar with random pedals and whatever i can get my hands on.....

*/**
nothing here...

candymoan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|