View Single Post
Old 02.28.2016, 06:59 PM   #52
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
I think in general it's unclear because we will never know the truth, it's he said/she said.

Saying that, I'm prone to believing Larkin more. She has nothing to gain by making this accusation. Whenever a woman makes a rape accusation there is always a myriad of men attempting to deconstruct and discredit her claim, approach the accuser with a 'stupid bitch' mentality etc. It's disgusting and only a small amount of rape accusations are dismissed as false. Why does the conversation always jump suddenly to "she's lying" given how small the percentage of false claims are? And this doesn't figure in the number of women who don't come forward through fear of not being believed because the aforementioned sudden conclusion of "she's lying'. I know it's said to death in certain social justice circles, but this is total rape culture in action guys.

Grimm Larkin will be known as the woman who accused Michael Gira of rape, Michael Gira will continue to be known as the decades long frontman and songwriter of Swans. Why would any woman want to be branded as such? It makes no sense.

I'm bummed out about the accusation too but it seems that people want to take Gira's side simply because they enjoy his music. His account of the night in question mirrors her account simply with consent conveniently added in. His wife's rebuttals only seem to try and comment on her character. Like, she can be the biggest craziest narcissist ever and still be a rape victim.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|