View Single Post
Old 10.16.2009, 06:12 PM   #288
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
yes, existance is an accident. only humans, out of all creation, delude themselves into thinking it must all have been a conscious act. we cannot see the forest for the trees. in a square world, curves are unthinkable. in our human brain-world of causality, chance is unthinkable.

its not just that existence is an accident, but rather that each stage in the process is random.. I suppose accident is not necessarily the best choice in words.. random conveys more the idea. I just with scientists would be more accurate when they discuss evolution, they create the wrong image in the common imagination about evolution. Most people have this idea where the selection of God is simply replaced by natural selection, as if natural selection had a conscious decision in the process.. it annoys me to no end!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|