Thread: Last Days
View Single Post
Old 05.13.2010, 12:46 AM   #42
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Sorry if I said something that sounds like 'romantic bullshit' there... I just used words that seemed to appropriately describe who Kurt Cobain was. Here was a man who totally changed the face of the music industry almost singlehandedly, almost overnight; with nothing more than an electric guitar and his throat... I know what most people do with those two things; and I doubt it's anything romantic...

However; after doing that; he completely turned around and killed himself; saying that he was an emasculated, infantile complainee... Here was a man who REALLY believed in suffering for one's ART. However pretentious that may or may not be; or whatever the truth of ART is... And I believe; and that belief is somewhat validated by Last Days; that Kurt Cobain died because of that belief in ART. If anything; I think he was the cliche of the tortured artist...

I am not condoning his actions or his behavior... Drugs, take a toll, no matter who you are, and there's always a price to pay... And his actions during Love's pregnancy deserve reproach - I believe if he was still alive, and he was half the man I thought he was; he would have apologized for his actions; or at least felt deep remorse for it... However; the rock and roll dream teen machine rumbles on...