View Single Post
Old 01.10.2017, 07:42 PM   #4458
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
At the moment this... along with a couple, y'know, actual books. But this is what I'm super pumped about, since it just came in the mail today.

Volume 1 of Walter Simonson's epic run on MARVEL's The Mighty Thor. He started out as an illustrator only, but took over chief writing duties for this long running series, and the result is generally considered one of the greatest creative runs in comic book history. Almost unanimously believed to be the "definitive" Thor. Like Frank Miller and John Romita Jr.'s work on "Daredevil: the Man Without Fear", Simonson's take on Thor is the high water mark for the character. I know Thor's kind of B-list (a bit... you know he is) in terms of comic book characters, and is in many ways just an extremely unoriginal answer to Superman, but I have only heard amazing things about this "book" (goes on forever), and I've been trying to get more into MARVEL back-stories and break my habit of reading all-DC-all-the-time.

I can already tell the scope of this story is massive. It has space opera elements, fantasy/mythological elements, and spans the Seven Realms, "Heaven," deep space and the streets of New York City in 1983. So. Yeah. Sounds fairly fucking epic so far.

I also read smart guy stuff though!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|