View Single Post
Old 12.11.2016, 04:37 PM   #4446
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I'm still reading the weird sci-fi series by Ann Leckie about the millennia-old android soldier that I was talking up a while ago. The second book (Ancillary Sword) was nowhere near as good as the first (Ancillary Justice), but there is still just a shit ton of weirdness and bizarre plot developments that make it a worthy thing. About to start the third book and I think its set-up is promising. When a series spans a couple thousand years and the main character is a piece of a fractured consciousness fighting both an evil empire and an alien race that preys on all things, it better goddamn well end on a high note.

I also read The Revenant by Michael Punke. I'd skimmed it a few months ago, and found the story and narrative to be pretty interesting, so I grabbed a copy at Target for a few bucks and read the whole thing. I haven't seen the movie and have no real desire to, but the book is short and well-written. A nice way to kill off a Sunday afternoon.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|