View Single Post
Old 08.16.2008, 02:15 PM   #35
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Basically every band I've ever purposefully listened to. 'Good' singers just bore me, I think a distinctively poor or just limited singer adds more idiosyncrasy and character to a band. People are always sending me mp3s of bands with 'good singers' and they just sound like every other band with a 'good singer'. BORING.

Sonic Youth; none of them can really sing that well. Lee is more tuneful than the others but you can hear him reaching his limits now and then. Tom Waits sounds like a big smokestack 18-wheeler full of bourbon drove over his throat. Daniel Johnston sings like a hyperactive child. Conor Oberst at times approaches goat-throat territory. (Early) Beck and Willy Mason both sound like they have a cold. I wouldn't have them any other way.

Sometimes I can indulge in some more tuneful singing from M. Ward, Cat Power, The Beach Boys, Zooey Deschanel and their ilk, but still their voices all have distinct character, which is more than can be said for the constant 'talented' twat parade on the radio..
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|